We are the WEST HERTFORDSHIRE BRANCH of Parkinson’s UK.
The branch covers five local authority areas – Watford, St Albans, Dacorum, Three Rivers and Hertsmere, stretching from Redbourn in the north to Elstree in the South, Tring in the West to Harpenden in the East.
The Branch is a lively and friendly one. It consists of local people who are concerned with Parkinson’s. Most of them either have Parkinson’s themselves, or are carers of those who have Parkinson’s.
The committee members of the branch are all volunteers. We are one of the largest local groups and we pride ourselves on being able to provide a range of activities to satisfy all tastes. Do try these out if you can.
Hopefully there is something that will appeal to everyone. People tell us they like just being able to meet and relax in the company of other like-minded people.
What we provide
- We provide a range of activities specially designed for people with Parkinson’s
- We publish our Yearbook and regular newsletters
- We work with the NHS to provide the most effective ways to treat those with Parkinson’s.
- We publicise the work of Parkinson’s UK and of our Branch
- We raise funds to pay for all of our activities, and to provide funds for research into the causes and treatment of Parkinson’s