Interested in volunteering for us?
Our branch is run entirely by volunteers, without which the branch could not operate, so we’re very grateful for the time and skills people so generously give.
If you are able to help by volunteering for us we would be very pleased to hear from you. We are currently looking for:
- An organised and reliable person with good administrative skills to support the smooth running of the branch, as our Branch Secretary. More details below.
- A person with experience of holding meetings to lead meetings in the absence of the Branch Chair and be our Vice-Chair.
- A person with some media experience to raise our profile in the local area and act as our Press Officer.
The Branch Secretary’s role is to:
- Act as the first point of contact for enquiries and correspondence
- Inform committee members of all communications
- Distribute information to branch members to help keep them informed about local & national activities and developments
- Pass to the treasurer any money received for the branch
- Keep the staff members informed of changes in committee membership
- Note: you would not need to keep the minutes as this is already carried out by another committee member.